Response at end....

"Graham Cossey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/11/2004 12:19:17 PM:

> > Thanks Shaun
> >
> > EXPLAIN shows the same 'possible keys' for each table but 'key' and
> > 'key-len' columns are different, as are the 'rows' as well of course.
> >
> > I guess this points to a probable difference in key definitions?
> >
> > Can 2 installations with the same table definitions produce different
> > results like this? Maybe something in the configs?
> >
> [snip]
> > >

> > > What does EXPLAIN show for the query on both systems?  (I am
> > wondering if
> > > you may have an index on your development system that you do not
have on
> > > your production server.)
> > >
> [snip]

> > > mysqlcc)

> > > created
> > of] records
> > > in
Fedora

+-------+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------

-----+----------+---------+---------------------+------+--------------------

+-------+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------

-----+----------+---------+---------------------+------+--------------------

+-------+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------

-----+----------+---------+---------------------+------+--------------------

+-------+------+------------------------------------------------------------

----+---------+---------+-------------+-------+-----------------------------

+-------+------+------------------------------------------------------------

----+---------+---------+-------------+-------+-----------------------------

+-------+------+------------------------------------------------------------

These are two different plans. Your development machine is using the index
yr_mn_pc on the r table and is joining that table last. On your production
server, the r table is joined second and is joined by the index PRIMARY.
Let me know how the ANALYZE TABLE I suggested in a previous message works
out to help the statistics.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine