1. All char's are automatically changed to varchar whenever there is any field that is not fixed length. This is not a bug or a problem, it's smart design. Fixed length records are great for performance since the database knows the offset of the next record. Once a record is not fixed length, the database needs to search through the data to find the end of the record. So changing all char to varchar will make the record smaller (and the database) and speed up searching since the records and database is smaller.

So no, there are no plans to fix this and I think most databases work this way.

2. An index is an index, regardless of order. MySQL can search from the "bottom" up or "top" down. There used to be problems in earlier versions where MySQL couldn't use an index for sorting in reverse order of the index, but this is no longer the case. There are lots of parameters that MySQL will accept and either ignore or "convert" to supported parameters. This is for compatibility with other databases, which is great for dumping and importing to and from other database products.

So, no plans on changing the index in the case as far as I know. There are plans to add support for other ignored parameters.

3. Your question is kind of odd, Dates don't have hours, minutes or seconds, much less milliseconds. You should use DATETIME or TIMESTAMP if you want to track detailed time information. No, neither of those support millisecond detail. But if you want to track time in millisecond detail, you should probably use FLOAT, where milliseconds would be the decimal value.