Hi!

On Apr 19, Braxton Robbason wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm creating a fulltext index on a 400MB table, and the creation process
> gets very slow. It's fast for the first 50MB of the index, and then it
> grinds to what seemed like a halt after days.  My question is - is there
> anyone who's created fulltext indexes on this much data who can assure me
> that it's possible?
>
> Merge tables are not an option because you can't query a merge table on a
> fulltext index.
>
> thanks,
> Braxton

Yes, FULLTEXT index works ok for 400 MB tables.
In my tests FULLTEXT index was created (with CREATE INDEX)
over 400 MB table in 15 minutes with new MySQL-4.0 code (not yet
available, sorry).

Everything works with 3.23 code too, but index creation
is 50-100 times slower (and resulting index is ~10% bigger).

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team