rahul pathak wrote:

Hi,
I am using the "Create table select * into ..." query to create a table using two exsisting tables

Do you mean "CREATE TABLE ... SELECT..." or "INSERT INTO table SELECT ..."?

But the table is created with only 1000 rows, which should not be the case.Is there a config setting which defaults the rowcount to 1000?
I am using the MySQL control center.

MySQL Control Center has a default LIMIT 1000, which probably shouldn't apply to "CREATE .... SELECT" or "INSERT ... SELECT". I believe you can change that from within mysqlcc. You can also change it when starting from the command line (select_limit option) <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqlcc.html>, or set it in your option file (my.cnf|.ini) <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Option_files.html>.

thanks,

Michael