On Monday 15 November 2004 11:30 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am running mysql version 4.1.7 on SuSE professional 9.1.

I run 4.0.22

> I have a MyISAM table which I use for syslog messages. This table gets
> about 40-70 inserts a second with peaks of over 400 inserts a second. I am
> using INSERT DELAYED for all inserts, and only one thread of my application
> has write access to the database.

insert delayed is a myth.. Least in the 4.1 version. 4.1.18 it was taken out.

> Nightly I take messages older than three days, copy them to a new table and
> then delete them from the primary table. After that I run OPTIMIZE TABLES
> on the primary table.
>
> My problem is that a few times a week the table gets corrupted and I can
> not select from it until I run REPAIR TABLES on it. What do I need to do to
> diagnose this problem so I can hopefully generate a repeatable bug report
> on it?

I get them every few weeks..  I have been trying to sort it myself..

> The table format is below. I know I need to better optimize my indexes, for
> instance I added the date_program index, but did not go back and remove the
> anything before getting some direction on how to diagnose the problem. I
> may remove all indexes except the primary key and date_program as those are
> the only two that the majority of my selects hit.

you really need to get rid of those indexes.. other then maybe is and date..
there is no reason so have all those indexes on there. that just slows down
inserts.

Jeff