>> The problem is, when I get the data from the database via a
>> webpage (php) everything works as expected. The problem is when I
>> try to get the results from the mysql client (ie. SELECT body FROM
>> thread WHERE tid=30) the national accented characters are shown as
>> "?". I have browsed through the manual and stumbled upon this one:

> When connecting through php I get:

> character_set_client: latin2
> Could someone tell me how to set all those parameters for mysqldump?

It seems that the following line does the trick:

mysqldump --add-drop-table --allow-keywords --default-character-set=latin2
-O character_set=latin2 -O character_sets_dir=/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/
-u user -p db > db-aie-2004-11-16.sql

Thanks, you were really helpful ;)

--
Martel Valgoerad   (a.k.a. Michal Minicki) | "I am not young enough to know
alea.iacta.est | Martel --> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | everything." Oscar Wilde