Sorry, logTable is just an arbitrary name I came up with. You can name the table anything you want, like SearchViewTracking.

On Nov 18, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Stuart Felenstein wrote:

--- Brent Baisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It depends on whether you are tracking info for
individual users

Individual users (lucky me!)

Now, if you want to keep separate logs for each
user, you need to
create a "log" table. The log table would have the
following fields:
relatedRecordID, userID, searchCount, viewCount

I just ran a search on Log Tables. I'm coming to the conclusion they are just "tables" , myisam or innodb. No different , except "log" is how they are used ? Is this a correct assumption ?

Stuart

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect