Hristo,

thank you for the bug report. I broke the

:autoextend:max:2000M

feature when I added multiple tablespaces in 4.1.1.

The bug is fixed in 4.1.8.

Unfortunately, InnoDB does not automatically add 2000 MB files if you specify the max. You have to add additional ibdata files manually, as explained in tne manual.

Best regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL support from http://www.mysql.com/support/index.html

Hi all

I converted my 6GB MyISAM database to Innodb using ALTER TABLE table TYPE =
INNODB. There was no errors in the err log and database is working ok.
But after stopping mysql server It refuse to start again complaining:

041118 16:55:45 mysqld started
041118 16:55:45 [Warning] Asked for 1048576 thread stack, but got 126976
InnoDB: Error: auto-extending data file /data/mysql_4.1_ibdata/ibdata1 is of a
different size
InnoDB: 779008 pages (rounded down to MB) than specified in the .cnf file:
InnoDB: initial 32000 pages, max 128000 (relevant if non-zero) pages!
InnoDB: Could not open or create data files.
InnoDB: If you tried to add new data files, and it failed here,
InnoDB: you should now edit innodb_data_file_path in my.cnf back
InnoDB: to what it was, and remove the new ibdata files InnoDB created
InnoDB: in this failed attempt. InnoDB only wrote those files full of
InnoDB: zeros, but did not yet use them in any way. But be careful: do not
InnoDB: remove old data files which contain your precious data!
041118 16:55:45 [ERROR] Can't init databases
041118 16:55:45 [ERROR] Aborting

041118 16:55:45 [Note] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Shutdown complete

041118 16:55:45  mysqld ended

The server enlarged the initial tablespace file and made it 12GB regardless my
settings of 2000M max for one ibdata file. It should split them into 2G pieces
, correct? Is this a bug or I am missing something?

I am running Mysql 4.1.7 on Linux
Here is my config file:

[mysqld]
port            = 3307
socket          = /usr/local/mysql/mysql.sock
pid-file        = /usr/local/mysql/mysql.pid
datadir         = /data/mysql_4.1_data
skip-locking
key_buffer_size = 64M
max_allowed_packet = 2M
table_cache = 256
sort_buffer_size = 1M
read_buffer_size = 1M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 4M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 16M
net_buffer_length = 2M
thread_stack = 1M
max_connections = 100
query_cache_type = 1
maximum-query_cache_size = 24M
thread_cache = 8
thread_concurrency = 2
server-id       = 1

innodb_data_home_dir = /data/mysql_4.1_ibdata/
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:500M:autoextend:max:2000M
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /data/mysql_4.1_iblog/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /data/mysql_4.1_iblog/
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 64M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 8M
innodb_log_file_size = 16M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 4M