Shaun wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if a more knowledgeable person could help me out with my
configuration and let me know how I could further optimize MySQL. Here's the
hardware on my dedicated server:

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Processor #1 speed: 2400.152 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 1024 KB
Memory 512 MB

Here's what I get for the command SHOW STATUS:

Shaun:

Once every 5 seconds on average you run a select that does a full scan which on average examines about 350-400 rows. Once every 2 seconds or so you have a query that creates a temporary table.

Enable log-long-format and try to figure out what those queries are. See if you can optimize the ones that are scanning a lot of rows by adding a key, or by convincing your developers to re-write them.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/