Hello Danesh,

what error do you get after the upgrade ?

Peter

Danesh Daroui wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Linux Fedora Core 3 machine which is supposed to act as database server and a Windows XP client. I had installed mysql server 4.1.5 before and I have defined remote user on my Linux machine as below:

> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'RemoteUser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

and I could connect to my server from my Windows XP client like below:

mysql -h 192.168.1.2 -u RemoteUser -p

and everything was OK. Now, I have upgraded my both server and client to MySQL 4.1.7 which is the latest version and now I can not connect to my server as before. Can anyone help ? Is there something which has been changed in new version ?

Thanks,

Danesh Daroui