I am moving a table from a 3.23.56 db to a 4.1.7 db.  I currently only testing
to see if I can.  So far, I have been able to create the receiving table, but
not be able to insert the data.  (The only difference I see when using
phpMyAdmin is the collation column on the 4.1.7 server)

When I try to load the data, it responds with:
mysql> load data infile 'xoops_users2' into table test_cm_xoops.xoops_users2;
Query OK, 24117 rows affected, 65535 warnings (2.28 sec)
Records: 24117  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 1615838

The load is looking as though it is reading the line numbers of the file
(24080), but the data is not coming in.

I don't see any warnings to the screen, and I don't see anything in the log.
(I am using Linux RH9, and I am assuming the log is in /var/log.  The file is
very tiny, so maybe I am not even logging.)

What I'd like to know is how do I see what the errors are?  Where would I find
the log files, and what would they be named?  (Or, would my.cnf need to be
configured with something other than 'err-log'?)

Thanks
eric