While what I'm working on is only a test database, I'd
like to see what I can preserve.
I used a data dumping program to create records in my
database.  However I'm not sure how I messed up , but
here is the problem.

I have 1016 records in a particular table.  The first
column is a Primary ID Int set to auto-inc.  Now if I
dump out all he records I can see 1 through 1016.
None others , sorted it follows through numerically.

However it seems that the records are showing up with
the Primary ID going up to 9000.  If I do a simple
select * from table where primaryID = 8585 , a record
is returned.  Yet just looking at all the records,
nothing exceeds the 1016.

Strange phenomena I guess? Not sure if it's fixable
but wanted to throw it out to the list and see at
least if I can understand it better.

Thank you,
Stuart