Hi all,

I have am in trouble with connecting remotely to my MySQL Server Linux machine. I have installed the latest RPM (4.1.7) on a Linux Fedora Core 3 machine. I have created root account and everything seems to be OK. The only problem is that I can not connect to my MySQL Server remotely from my Windows machine. I could do that before I upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.7 on Fedora Core 2. In fact I can connect locally on my Linux machine as below:

/*> mysql -u root -p*/

but when I use this command I get the following error:

/*> mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root -p
Error 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost.localdomain'. (using password YES)
*/
and as a result I can not from my Windows machine either. Whats wrong ? Can anybody help ?
By the way, I could connect locally on my windows machine by using both above commands.

Regards,

Danesh Daroui