Hi.

I have database structure of about 45 tables, and a separate database for
each of the 100+ users.
Everything has been working nicely for quite some time.

When I wrote a function that looped through all the DBs and ran some
queries, MySQL hung and I got "too many open files" in my .err-file.
(Mysql 4.0.22, trustix linux, reiserfs, mysql:open-files-limit at 1024)

I am trying different ways of raising the limit, and that shouldn't be a
problem.

My question is if I am doing this the wrong way?

Will I be able to keep my structure, reach 500 users and keep things running
smoothly?

Is it a problem to have that many databases?

Thanx!

/Andreas

---