Hi!

I am wondering if there is a way using SQL to make a pattern file (I'm not
sure exactly what to call it) of the sort following, which keeps track of
people in programs of different kinds, by months of the year.   A given file
can be set up as below examining only 1 type of program (that is what I'm
doing for now) or multiple types (by using a "1" for one type of program, a
"2" for another type, etc.).

perid   m1   m2    m3    m4    m5    m6    m7    m8   . . .   m12
023     1       0      0       1       1       1      0       0
0
045     0       1      0       0       1       0      0       1
1

It is just a list of id numbers and then for each month (m1, m2...m12) a 1
is placed if the individual is in the  program and a 0 if they are not.  The
"pattern file" is used to help in the analysis of how people are using
programs and cycling in and out of them.

Thanks very much.

-Alex