I do not believe that your problem is based on your hardware but ... Inserting data requires to reorganize your indexes. Please try to drop them (only for testing ;-) )

Hagen

Carlos Augusto wrote:

Well that´s me again with a new problem. I am runnig another database
with 7gb of data and this db can´t stop. All the time we have queries
being inserted by a plain text file and all the time customers get
information of this database. I obvserved that for  a insert query is
taking about 5 to 15 seconds for each insert. I saw some variables
like: slow_query that output me a number of 1388 slow queries. I am
new in mysql and database stuff and i have a task to improve mysql´s
performance. I need help since in a simple Pentium 4 the same
operations are almost 10 times higher(in time of inserting a querie)
and this machine that is too slow for inserting is an dual xeon, 4gb
ram and 500gb hard disk.
I aprecciate if some one has a solution for improving this server performance.

Thanks.
Carlos