From: Danesh Daroui [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 1:30 PM
To: J.R. Bullington
Subject: Re: MySQL configuring on Linux

I just did it and configured it to be a "Server" but after all when I restarted
mysqld I got this
error:

shell> Can't connect to local mysql server throught socket
'var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

I also checked and socket files has been deleted. There was aölso an error log
and there was:

unknown argument bdb_cache_size=4 MB

or something like that ? How can I re-generate socket file ? Why the original
configuration for
Server has errors in it ?