Is there a reason you aren't using the mysql client that comes with the
server? I am on a W2K machine and I can connect and interact with every
MySQL server on our network from it. A useful by-product of setting this
up is that you can have your own MySQL server on your machine. That has
been great for me for testing and development purposes.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Scott Hamm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/24/2004 08:46:25 AM:

> Isn't there any text-based program like telnet.exe or putty.exe that
allows
> me to use similiar to 'cmd'?

MySQL