Things are pretty much the same for the Mac as any other Unix platform, so there aren't too many sites out there that will give you Mac specific stuff. Any instructions for Unix/Linux are pretty much the same for the Mac, except for the darn path differences between Unix platforms. You should become familiar with the terminal and command line. Welcome to Unix, uh, I mean Macintosh.

The Mac already comes with MySQL installed (and php, perl, python, etc.). You just need to startup MySQL (and enable php in Apache). Follow the standard instructions for first time setup via command line, meaning setting the password and stuff.

If you want to install the very latest version, just download the Mac installer from the MySQL web site. If using PHP4, be careful about the password issue between PHP and MySQL 4.1.

Marc Liyange's website may help you get up to speed on the Mac.
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/
This is also a decent site for general MacUnix stuff:
http://www.afp548.com/
(548 is the Appletalk protocol port as I recall).

Most people use BBEdit on the Mac for writing code like php, perl, etc. Get yourself a copy if you haven't settled on something else like Eclipse or XCode. If you want a graphical manager for MySQL, there are a bunch of them, look on versiontracker.com or just use phpMyAdmin (or Webmin).