Hello,

I have installed "MySQL-server-4.0.22-0.i386.rpm" as server at a linux
computer and at
the PC (windows 2000) as client was installed
"mysql-administrator-1.0.14-win.msi" and
"mysql-query-browser-1.1.1-gamma-win.msi".

Now I have two questions:

Although the installtion at the server was successful there doesn`t exists
the tool "mysql" and "mysqladmin"
in the path "/user/bin/". There are only tools like mysqld_safe, mysqltest,
myisamchk,....
I've done searches for that executive files but it wasn`t detected.

After installation the access to the mysql server was denied. After the
following commands at the server:
kill `cat /usr/lib/xxxxx.pid`
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &

the access was allowed (no passwords are necessary after that
modification). Now I`ve
changed at the PC with the administration tool the passwords for the users.
After that change the access
to the server was denied as before.

Do you know the causes for that problems?

Thanks in advance
Gunter