-------------------
On Saturday 27 November 2004 12:16, Steve Mansfield wrote:
| -------------------
|
| On Friday 26 November 2004 17:58, Gleb Paharenko wrote:
| | Hello.
| |
| | What charset produced mysqldump with --default-character-set=latin1
| | command line option?
|
| Hmm, that still produced a file with utf-8 characters, which means they
| must be stored that way in the table, no? (Although MySQLcc sees them
| correctly).
|
| (BTW, I've configured Kwrite, the editor I'm using, to open/save as
| iso-8859-1).

Just to provide a bit more info - and to double-check - I exported the table
from the live system (via phpMyAdmin) and looked at it on my local system and
it was in latin1. I dropped the table from the live system, then uploaded the
copy of the table that I'd dumped from my local system using the
--default-character-set=latin1 option. On the live system, this now has utf-8
characters (so it's nothing to do with my editor...).

--
@+
Steve