Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Bizarre table type switch

--- Stuart Felenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not sure what happened but when I ran some test
yesterday on a "transaction" it failed.  Being
puzzled
I started digging around.  I have come to find out
that all the tables involved were now set to MyISAM.

Obviously transactions wouldn't work.
The odd thing that I'd like to figure out is how did
they get switched.  I know this is a vague and gray
question , and if there is a way to trace it I'd
like
to know.
Is there anything that would cause this type of
occurance ?  Anything I can do to find out why it
happened?

I forgot to mention this is 4.0.22-standard.  I have
requested my ISP check my.cnf to see if Innodb has
been skipped for support.  I am able to switch them
back though.

Stuart