At 15:26 -0500 11/29/04, Andre Matos wrote:
I just have finished to install the version 4.1.7 on my Mac and I looked at
these directories below and I couldn't find the file "my.cnf" as described
on the like that you gave me:

/etc/my.cnf
DATADIR/my.cnf
~/.my.cnf

Do I need to create it or MySQL is suppose to do the job?

You create it according to the configuration you want.

Thanks.

Andre