On 20 Apr 2001, at 14:16, yogi wrote:

> errors mySQL throws are not captured by the Perl CGI using mySQL, but
> are thrown regardless, meaning that a CGI that provokes an error in
> mySQL will produce an unspecified "Internal Server Error", which is
> not very helpful for debugging purposes. It looks as if mySQL goes
> straight to the OS with the error, instead of giving Perl the chance
> to handle it? And how can this be avoided? Thank you in advance, Yogi

This should be obvious but I mention it because it works for me.

Search for eval on this page, or just reread the whole page:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perldbi/chapter/ch04.html

I don't think this is mysql specific as following the above
instructions works for me with mysql.

Peter
All idioms must be learned.
Good idioms only need to be learned once.
--Alan Cooper