[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Or.. Select * from emp order by id asc limit 0,1 if you want to  fetch
all details.

That was what I said, but lets take a closer look at what the original poster asked:

"I need to get all the details of an employee whose salary is the lowest."

Now, in his example he used the subquery (select min(id) from emp), but accurding to the question it probably should have been (select min(salary) from emp).

That leaves us with the answer from Gleb Paharenko, except the insert query should be "insert into memp select min(salary) from emp;"

--
Roger