Fredrik Carlsson wrote:
Hi list,

I have a question regarding mysql and innodb.
My current setup uses myisam and the db size is about 1.6 GB with two table that each have about 500k rows. I perform alot of fulltext search on these tables and they can sometimes take along time to finish and when the table is locked during the fulltext search everything else stops working. I read at dev.mysql.com that myisam uses per table lock and innodb per row lock so my question is if i convert my tables to innodb will i be able to use the tables during a fulltext search?

According to the manual: "FULLTEXT indexes are used with MyISAM tables only"

--
Roger