Those types of queries will be available soon as the INFORMATION_SCHEMA
views are in development.  Keep your eyes on the next few releases of
MySQL for this feature to appear (it may already be active in the 5.0.2
release just announced but I haven't had time to check yet). Until then
you will need to parse the results of SHOW CREATE TABLE just as everyone
has already suggested.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine