Yes.I know that 3 -> 4.0 -> 4.1 is the recommended way but It will cost a lot of
downtime. So I decided to do 3->4.1 way.
The part that I am not quite sure is the converting the database. Why it is
needed? If I just copy the old db and run the 4.1?
I 've not found clear explination in the docs.
I've tested two ways of conversion (8a and 8b in my plan) - with mysqldump and
with copy - sql create. I didn't see any difference of created databases and
the "copy old db and sql select from create" was two times faster. But is it
equal?

--
Hristo Chernev