Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

I've taken this information from documentation at

 http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/myisamchk_syntax.html

Did it solve your problem? If didn't, send me you my.cnf file and information

about version of MySQL and operating system.

The docs are old, they changed the syntax

mysql 4.1.7  running on windows 2000 server, dual 2.8 xeon with 1 gig of ram

I do not have any myisamchk options specified in the my.ini

I let it run for 2 weeks, and I killed it the data file is good, it sat for 2 weeks indexing, at least as far as I can tell

is this normal for mysql?

I have some bigger tables, guess I better migrate to a database that handles big files quick