Hi,

I wrote a software generating a statistical database. That database
keeps time series.

What I am doing is
- looking at the data file and get the channel names.
- CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS

IF Database exits I want to ALTER the table but only add new coloums
that are new.

Is there a way to alter table with a create statement. What I mean is I
will again generate a CREATE TABLE structure and than check the
existing table if the coloums are match and add the new ones at once.

Maybe there is such a command in mysql like

ALTER TABLE table_name1 with CREATE TABLE table_name2;

is there? if ot what do you advice me to do, in an easiest way?

Regards...