On Tuesday 07 December 2004 01:56 pm, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> Actually, I´ve never had such problem.
> I´m just afraid of it because I´ve read some issues about corruption
> in MySQL tables and the own MySQL Manual says that exist a command
> just to repair MyISAM tables (myisamchk -
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Table_maintenance.html).

This happens when you illegally shutdown mysql and the like.. Even then, it
doesn't always happen. Innodb can do the same thing.. I think it just does an
auto check on start up for this, where myisam you do it yourself.

> Once I dealing with hangs problems with MySQL + FreeBSD-4.x, I´m
> afraid that the table could crashs when MySQL hangs... :-/

Sounds like a local issue, not mysql..  I would go after that over bandaging
mysql.

Jeff