Donny Simonton wrote:

It was probably attempting to do a reverse and nothing exists, so it just
has to timeout.

Reverse DNS is evil... :)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/DNS.html

You can disable DNS hostname lookups by starting |mysqld| with the |--skip-name-resolve| option. However, in this case, you can use only IP numbers in the MySQL grant tables.

If you have a very slow DNS and many hosts, you can get more performance by either disabling DNS lookups with |--skip-name-resolve| or by increasing the |HOST_CACHE_SIZE| define (default value: 128) and recompiling |mysqld|.

Another issue... why was this even having a problem?

Are you not running JDBC connection pooling?  This should have only happened
once and then moved on since the connection is open.

I don't think MySQL is doing this per query.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/