I guess that all depends on the nature of your "dump", doesn't it?
Database administrators call any transfer of data to a separate file a
"dump" and they come in all shapes and formats.

What can you tell us about the file you received?
Where did the data come from (what database system)?
What tool was used to create the file?
What format is the dump file? Is it ASCII or binary or unicode or Asgard
or what?
Is it a fixed-width dump format or are there delimiters? If so, what are
the delimiters?
Are text fields surrounded by single quotes, double quotes, or no quotes
at all?

Basically tell us anything and everything you can about the file and how
it's arranged and then we will have our first clue about how to get it
into MySQL.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine