To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Patrick Sherrill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: Excel 2 mysql

David Ziggy Lubowa wrote:

On Thursday 09 December 2004 14:33, David Ziggy Lubowa wrote:

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 05:07, Patrick Sherrill wrote:

David,
Please provide the complete LOAD DATA INFILE command you used.

mysql -e "LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/dlubowa/clients.csv' INTO TABLE bush " -p test

this is test output that is in my test table, this is how my info is
mysql> select * from bush;
| clients | location | service | PhoneNo | contact | emails |
| | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL |
| "CRS", "Nsambya", "HSDN 350" , "041-267733 / 077-7 | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL |

sorry for the distorted info, but basically the " "CRS", "Nsambya", "HSDN 350" , "041-267733 / 077-7 " are all under clients field, Yet the info is supposed to be distributed to all the columns of the table. What could i be doing wrong here.

- add FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','  ENCLOSED BY '"' to your LOAD DATA INFILE

- ian