On Thursday 09 December 2004 01:06 pm, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:

> and for ansewring Jeff Smelser i have installed mysql 4.x on linux and then
> dit from the commandline create database and then run the create table
> commands from snort.

No idea.. you can do a show create table db.table to find out the engine
type..

I ask because those should be myisam.. If they are. I cant see how memory is
getting so high. If they are innodb.. I would highly recommend looking into
converting them into myisam.. myisam was created for this type of work, would
be a easier on the mem.

Just some avenues to look at.

Jeff