To be perfectly honest I believe you have completely confused the
programming language you are using with the SQL statements you need to use
to interact with the server. These are two separate languages and have
their own separate syntaxes.

You can use almost any programming language and the
programming-language-appropriate MySQL library to make a connection to a
MySQL server and interact with it through SQL statements. The SQL you send
to the server can be constructed using your programming language or can be
 partially compiled for you by using the library's "prepared statement"
feature, if it has one. The exact syntax of the commands and data
structures that you will use to send those SQL statements and receive the
results of those statements will depend *ABSOLUTELY* on the library you
are using to connect your programming language to the MySQL server.

I think that if you take a step back and discover both what statements the
MySQL SQL language supports  AND what the library you are using to connect
your language to the MySQL server can do, things will begin to make better
sense.

Respectfully,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator