Hi!

It seems that I need to buy a 64bit server and have some questions
regarding the two architectures from AMD (Opteron) and Intel (Xeon
with EM64T).

Am I right if I say an Opteron based server is the better choice for
MySQL because of the more advanced and faster bus system?

Is there anywhere a good benchmark out there where I could see the
performance differences between the different architectures (PIII,
P4, Xeon, Opteron etc.) when running MySQL?

How much memory could MySQL use on a 64 bit system running a 32 bit
Linux distribution? Can I run MySQL in "64 bit mode"?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
A.