On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:12:20 +0300 (EEST), Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

>As our manual clearly describes one connection can be used for one
>query at a time, unless you use threads and mutexes.

G'day

As I said, it worked fine b4 and I got it to work again. I _assumed_
the reason it fell over was because of an unneccessary call to
mysql_free_result().

Without actually having looked at MySql's source code, would it be
logical to assume that a call to mysql_store_result() would free the
'cursor' resources as it's last act, and mysql_free_result() simply
frees the 2D char array result set? If so, then I can't see where the
problem would be....

This is a worry - I use this method (inner and outer cursors) all the
time. (I come from using Sybase / embedded SQL - where you can declare
cursors and use host variables)

I'm only really using MySql because that's what most ISP's seem to
provide. If this issue is going to cause me grief, I might have to find
an ISP who provides Postgres...:-)

Regards