From: gerald_clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:28 PM
To: manasvini nandakumar
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mysql_install_db problem!!

manasvini nandakumar wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have cross compiled mysql-4.1.7 (from the source distribution)for an
IXP425 based board with Montavista Linux-3.0.When I run
mysql_install_db --user=mysql ...It runs into several errors with the
following log

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
/usr/local# ./bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql

>The filesystem is NFS mounted.I am hoping someone can tell me why this is
happenning  and If I have missed out something.

The mysql user  cannot  write to the database directory.
It could be an NFS issue.