Hi all,

Does anyone know fo a way to run the server in more of a string-quoting standards compliant mode, so that a generic SQL string quoting function only has to escape single quotes, instead of also '"', '\', and '\0'?

I've tried the ANSI_QUOTES startup option, but that apparently only changes the treatment of double quotes, and requiring single quotes for strings... '\' for example still needs a non-standard treatment.

What I'd like to be able to do is have \",\\,\0 characters treated as any other so that statements become portable.

Thank you,
Ken