Hello.

>Does that imply that if we set this flush_time value to zero (ie no

>periodic flush to disk), then some of the data will not be committed to

>disk, and if we had a subsequent power failure, then any data since the

>last flush would be lost? We have innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit set to 1.

MySQL will update the files on disk with system call after every

SQL statement and before the client is notified about the result. (This is not

true if you are running with --delay-key-write, in which case data files

are written but not index files.) This means that data file contents are

safe even if mysqld crashes, because the operating system will ensure that the

unflushed data is written to disk.

       <___/   www.mysql.com