The only gotcha I'm aware of is that you must set the *nix server to use case-insensitive table names, since on windows the SQL table references didnt need to match case. I'll leave you to you own devices to find that documentation (I just dont have it handy, sorry)

"select 8 from testtable" || "select 8 from testTable" == okay on windows
"select 8 from testtable" || "select 8 from testTable" == error on *nix.

As far as moving the tables over, just a straight file copy of data/ should be fine. my.ini - my.cnf is the only stand-out other translation I can think of.

Best,
ken

Alan Scott - Yahoo Acct wrote:
We have 2 distinct groups of developers - Windows vs. Linux. Our production
server is going to run on Solaris.

The issue is that all developers run there own instance of MySQL server Linux or Windows based and the same version 4.1.7. Also, each developer has the database for their particular project so everything from their MySQL server instance would be ported.

As we move the systems to the Solaris production server is there any simple way
to port all the work onto this platform (backup/restore, etc.)?

Any help or weblink, reference material recommendations are appreciated.