Hi,

Mysql 4.0.14

In a seconrio, some reocrds are missing from a child
table.  If we run this query it returns the missing
records:

select a.field1, b.field2 from table1 a left join
table2 b on (a.field1 = b.field1) where b.field1 is
null

I want to create entries in the child table (table2)
for the missing records.  In table2 the primary key is
of type Integer,
for each new entry it should be
Max(table2.PrimaryKeyfield) + 1.

How can I do this in one sql command (or is it
possilbe at all)?

something like:
Insert into table2 (primarykeyfiled, field1, field2)
Max(table2.priamrykeyfield) + 1 select a.field1,
a.field2 from table1 a left join table2 b on (a.field1
= b.field1) where b.field1 is null

regards