From: sasa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: No connect to mysql

Hi, I have a problem with mysql 4.0.22 on fedora core 2.
..when I try:

#/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'xxxx'
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql.sock
(2)'
Check that mysql is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql.sock' exists !

.. the file mysql.sock not exists but I can to resolve ?
.. thanks and sorry for my banal question.
Salvatore.