Thomas Spahni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the column type will limit the number of characters per row. A column
> of
> type TEXT will hold up to 65,535 characters but with LONGTEXT you can
> put
> up to 4,294,967,295 charcters into one row. I have an application with
> Texts of up to 200 pages in one column. Full-Text Search is handling
> this
> very well.

Thanks...

Really?!  If I can follow-up with another question, does experience suggest
Full-Text Search handles a large number of such documents efficiently?  For
example, I am expecting to have (up to) one million documents in my database.
I was considering breaking each document into paragraphs for search efficiency,
but if Full-Text Search can search return results quickly on a large number of
"long" (e.g. 10,000+ character) documents, my database has just become much
simpler.

Eric