I'm new to MySQL and I was wondering which storage
engine is the best choice for heavily-indexed,
read-mostly data.

>From skimming over the documentation, it seems that
MyISAM is a better choice since it doesn't have the
transactional overhead. Yet I'm worried that it's
becoming depricated and won't be supported in future
versions.

I need the highest read performance possible, with
many indexes and joins. It has to be able to cache
query results in memory to service a large number of
concurrent requests per second.

Which way to go? What's the pros and cons of each
engine for my particular situation?

I appreciate your help.

-- Homam