Hi Jim,

Your advice is indeed correct for the access denied problem.  For your own
problem, you might consider taking a look at max_allowed_packet variable of
MySQL, as this error is common when you are sending a large blob update and the
variable is too small for the update SQL, i.e. max_allowed is 1Mb and you are
sending a 2Mb SQL statement.  Also the client write and read timeout also
causes this error, i.e. when you are doing a query which takes longer than say
60 seconds and your read timeout is set for a default 30 seconds.

Kind Regards
SciBit MySQL Team
http://www.scibit.com
MySQL Products: