When scripting for Windows you have two immediate choices: VBScript and
JScript. Both are natively supported by the WSH (Windows Scripting Host)
executable which comes in two flavors: command line (cscript.exe) and
windowed (wscript.exe). If you want to use Perl or some other scripting
language you have to set that up manually.

When I script from Win to MySQL, I use the ADO objects to connect to MySQL
via the MySQL ODBC driver. Be aware that the ODBC driver acts like a
pre-4.1 client so you will need to perform some security modification to
the account you will use to connect your script to the server if you are
using a 4.1 server or later.

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html

Use the same basic scripts you would use for coding Web pages with ASP
except substitute the "WScript" object for the "Server" object. There are
other objects you can use as well. This download will give you both up to
date executables and some WSH-specific documentation:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine