Thanks Heikki, I understand the bug, and I know you fixed it, for which I am
very pleased, as always problems when identified are fixed quickly :-)

I guess the question I was trying to ask of MySQL is when will 4.1.9 be
built... It's very frustrating knowing that a problem has been fixed
(particularly a serious problem such as this) but having to sit on our hands
and wait perhaps two months for a MySQL "Official" Binary to be built.

Heikki you have definitely done your part in finding and fixing this thing
rapidly. I understand MySQL doesn't want to make new releases every week,
they need to set some guidance for their users that their releases will not
be made too frequently. On the other hand this isn't something that is a bit
annoying, or some queries don't work... This corrupts the database.

We can't grab a snapshot and compile our own version (well we could),
because if we do it won't be a "MySQL Official Binary" and if we have
problems with the database our clients wouldn't understand why we weren't
using a MySQL sanctioned version. On the other hand if we do use the
Official binary, our data will become corrupt.

The problem I am experiencing is not the delay in fixing the problem, but
the delay in releasing the fix. The two month between releases that seems
common at the moment isn't unreasonable in most cases, except where there's
a corrupting bug uncovered and fixed, right after a release - February is
too long to wait for this fix to be included in an official binary.

In my mind (as I am directly affected by this bug) this one is serious
enough to release a new build asap.

As a side note with demonstrated performance increases when using
innodb_file_per_table why aren't more people using it?

Best Regards, Bruce