Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:

Hi Juan,

MAXDB is a totally different product, more akin to the "corporate"
databases like Oracle, Informix, Sybase etc. A description from the
mysql web site ( www.mysql.com )

MaxDB(tm) by MySQL

For the most demanding enterprise applications, MySQL offers MaxDB by
MySQL. Formerly known as SAP DB, MaxDB is the result of a strategic
alliance between MySQL and SAP to jointly develop and market an
enterprise-class Open Source database capable of running high-end
business-critical applications including SAP/R3. MaxDB complements the
MySQL database, and is SAP-certified. It includes features such as
stored procedures, triggers and views for the most demanding enterprise
use.

Call me crazy but doesn't having two databases just end up confusing your customers. Actually now you have 3 if you include NDB

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/